The Application Process
Applicants should read the guidelines below and then proceed to the application tab to complete: (1) the Student Agreement Form, (2) the Education Is The Way Scholarship Grant Application, and (3) the College Financial Information Request Form.
The College Financial Information Request Form will need to be printed and signed before being mailed, emailed, or faxed to your College/School of choice.)
The Student Agreement Form and EITW Scholarship Application should be completed online, saved, and emailed to EITW Executive Director, Kathy Weiser (email@example.com).
Lastly, please email a copy of your electronic FAFSA Student Aid Report (pages 1&2 ) to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also helpful to submit a copy of any Financial Aid Award Letter(s) you receive from school you will be attending.
Please note: The priority deadline for the EITW scholarship application for the 2018 - 2019 college year is May 1, 2018 .
If you need assistance, please contact Mrs. Kathy Weiser, Executive Director @ 614-315-9425 or email@example.com
Education Is The Way Scholarship Application Guidelines: Please Read Carefully
Below are the guidelines for Education Is The Way, an Ohio non-profit corporation, (hereinafter known as the Corporation) scholarship program. The Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, national origin, physical handicap, sexual orientation, or age. The guidelines may be amended from time to time by the Education Is The Way Board of Directors. Nothing herein shall be deemed to guarantee that every qualified Groveport Madison Schools student will receive financial aid to finance his or her post-secondary education. Students shall not rely on, or in any way plan on, receiving a grant as the primary source of their post-secondary education funding.
- Graduates of the Groveport Madison Schools are eligible to apply.
- Students shall be considered for a scholarship only after they have demonstrated to the satisfaction of the Corporation that they have applied for all other sources of financial aid by the priority deadlines, and if they demonstrate financial need as determined by federal guidelines.
- Students shall submit to the Corporation their scholarship application by the priority deadline along with the Financial Aid Award notification from the post-secondary institution of their choice, and any additional documentation reasonably required by the Corporation to be eligible for a scholarship.
- Students must meet the minimum grade point average each year as established by the Corporation.
- Students must attend an accredited or qualified post-secondary school to be eligible for a scholarship.
- Students with the longest attendance in the Groveport Madison Schools may be given a preference in funding in certain instances.
- Students shall submit to the Corporation grade reports at the end of each post-secondary term before scholarships for subsequent terms will be made.
- All funds shall be paid directly to the post-secondary institution.
- Student recipients of scholarships must agree to volunteer at least four hours of service time per year to the Corporation, and must meet once a year with a staff person from the Corporation while in attendance at the post-secondary school for which they have received a scholarship.
- All decisions of the Corporation with respect to scholarships are final and not subject to additional review or appeal.
- Receipt of a scholarship for any term or year does not guarantee receipt of scholarships in any additional year of term.
- Students who fail to complete a term in which they received a scholarship shall pay back scholarship funds to the Corporation.